Purple Knit

I love purple, anything with purple... 最近迷上編織瘋狂的織,織,織... 阿亮說過,"凡走過必留下痕跡",別忘了在我的comments box留下您的痕跡喔!

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

October 23, 2006

Can't help it

I can't help it! I've been eyeing on the Swallow Tail Shawl for a while now. After seeing so many FOs on the Knittng Nature KAL, I can't resist it anymore!! I have the yarn and needle, Swallow Tail Shawl, here I come!!

This is what I did for this special cast on:


Use waste yarn and crochet hook, chain 4, fasten off.


with another yarn pick up and knit 1 st in each of the bumps at the back of the crochet chain,


knit 6 rows, so there are 3 garter ridges,


turn side way, then pick up and knit 1 st in each of the 3 garter ridges, (5 sts on the RH needle now),


unzip the waste yarn crochet chain and put the 2 exposed sts onto LH needle,


knit the 2 sts from LH needle, total 7 sts.

Of course, this is not the yarn for the shawl, I use thicker yarn, so I can see what I was doing. I tried it using Misti Alpaca Lace yarn, it was much harder, the yarn was much thinner, the garter ridges weren't that clear to see and I was using the Knitpicks' Option needle which is very slippery, it took me about 3 tries before I finally got it.


This is what it looks like after the Budding Lace 1 chart.


This is after 2 repeats of the Budding Lace 2 chart. It looks pretty good to me!! This is my first lace project, let's see if I can finish it before Christmas, it could be a present for someone!

1 Comments:

At 10/26/06, 2:14 PM, Blogger Celia said...

I bought the yarn to make this one too. Mine is lavender color. This is probably 4th or 5th on my to-do list. After seeing so many beautiful Swallowtails, I am really anxious to start knitting mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home