Purple Knit

I love purple, anything with purple... 最近迷上編織瘋狂的織,織,織... 阿亮說過,"凡走過必留下痕跡",別忘了在我的comments box留下您的痕跡喔!

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

January 17, 2007

I'm BACK....

I've been to the "frog pond" and back...

I had to rip my Sahara, I tried it on after I joined the front and back, and it was way too small (I refuse to believe that I gained that much weight over X'mas!). I did my swatch with KP Options #6, and the stitch gauge was right on, but not the row gauge, that was why I decided to follow the pattern by inches. After I saw my sis's Sahara WIP, I can see my froggie friend is waving at me...

I love my KP Option needles, I really do, I guess I'm just having bad luck with it. Somehow I decided to use my BOYE knitting gauge ruler to measure the needles I was using, I couldn't believe it, it fits right through the size 5 hole!! How can it be? I checked all the needles before I made that call to the Knit Picks, I know I have all the correct needles. Then I remembered I had another gauge ruler from a different company, I test it, it fits the size 6 hole. Then I thought, it doesn't really matter what size needles I use, as long as I get gauge, I should be fine! ~long sigh~ Well, I kept staring at my Sahara, stare at it won't fix it. Okay, okay my froggie friend, I'm coming....this was Jan. 5. After 3 days I was back to where I was before the rip, this time I switched to #7 needles (perfect gauge swatch), it fits much better (can't say perfectly yet).

So far, I've finished the body and knitting the neck band as of now.

I have no problem with the Diamond rib pattern, they are easy to memorize, but the k3tog tbl and p3tog tbl are not easy to do, especially with this silk yarn so splitty, can't wait to finish that neck band (all that p3tog tbl)! I want to finish the neck band tonight, so I can do the sleeves on the plane tomorrow (ha, that's if my son lets me...good luck to me!).

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1/17/07, 8:08 PM, Blogger Celia said...

Looking good! I am still at the short rows for the back shirt-tail hem. Didn't get to knit much these couple days, too much house chores to do. Anyway. I hardly ever use the gauge ruler to measure the needles, as the sizes are pretty well marked on the needles. It's good to know different companies may produce different results... I think I may change my plan to knit the neckband first then the sleeves, this way I can try on and see how the body actually fits before I go any further.

 
At 1/21/07, 8:36 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

I normally can't frog my WIPs at once and it's not good because they turn into UFOs!
I noticed that needle sizes from different countries vary in size. Like Clover bought in Asia will use the Japanese size and the ones in US follow the American numbering system.

 
At 1/22/07, 12:26 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Well, despite the frustration of frogging, your Sahara looks great. I can't believe the issues with the needles though. I have Denise's and I think their needles are a tad smaller than normal too. So now I just stick to Addi's...for the most part. Can't wait to see your finished Sahara!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home