Purple Knit

I love purple, anything with purple... 最近迷上編織瘋狂的織,織,織... 阿亮說過,"凡走過必留下痕跡",別忘了在我的comments box留下您的痕跡喔!

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

December 11, 2006

Hooked on Lace


I joined the Victorian Lace KAL today! I ordered Victorian Lace Today and the Options needles from Knitpicks last week (free shipping). I've been flipping thru the pages, love all the projects in this book, I'm having trouble decide which one to make first :-p.

I don't have too much lace weight yarn in stash, my stash yarns are like between 400 yards and 630 yards, that means scarf only. The blue scarf on the left seems easy enough, not too complicate; the purple scarf on the right is more lacy look, probably the easiest in the whole book.
I'm thinking I should start with a simple project, get familiar with reading the pattern/charts before I tackle the 100,000 sts projects, just the thought of the 100,000 sts, scary. Emm...this triangle shawl is yummy too... it would look great with SweetGeorgia's hand dyed yarn.

Enough about the lacy stuff.

I'm very happy with Knitpicks, great customer services. I got my Options needles set on Dec. 1. I unpacked it and put all the needles in the organizer, each size/pair in their own little space/pouch. It was all nice and tidy.

Tuesday, I took out the size 9 to knit, somehow, it feels weird, like one is bigger than the other. The Options needles are great, the only thing that bugs me is that there is no size marking on the needle tips. So I took out my needle sizer, measured the 2 needle tips in my hand, one is #9, one is #10. Ok, I must've grab the wrong one. I went and got the #10s. Ha! Guess what! The #10s are #10! Ok, measured all the needles, turned out I have 1 #9 tip and 3 #10 tips. Frustration!! I called Knitpicks the next day, explained what happened, the lady was very polite, she told me I can keep my "extra" #10 tip, and she will send me another set of #9. And I got it today! Another great experience with online store!

3 Comments:

At 12/12/06, 1:48 PM, Blogger Celia said...

I like that triangle shawl too, but I think I should finish my Swallowtail Shawl first. I wanted to get Options needles, but I am afraid I would spend too much money this month... sigh... maybe I should just bite the bullet. It's good to hear you have good experiences with Knitpicks. I am still waiting for my DB Pure Silk...

 
At 12/13/06, 3:21 PM, Blogger Tcknit said...

To Cafe Knitter: if you are thinking about getting the Options, I'll suggest you get the 40" cords too, it will come in handy when you need to do sleeves. You can use the 40" and the "magic loop" technique to knit sleeves, so you don't need to fuss with DPNs and no need to buy 12"~16" circular needles for knitting smaller circular thingy.

 
At 12/14/06, 5:20 AM, Blogger Celia said...

馬該海"magic loop" technique? I am feeling 阿達阿達 again... Show me when you come...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home