Purple Knit

I love purple, anything with purple... 最近迷上編織瘋狂的織,織,織... 阿亮說過,"凡走過必留下痕跡",別忘了在我的comments box留下您的痕跡喔!

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

November 18, 2006

Swallowtail Shawl Finito!

After cast off. All wrinkled up.

After 20 minutes of "bath", on the blocking board with wires.

Off the blocking board. Unbelievable what blocking can do!

Budding lace.

Lily of the Valley lace.

Peak edging lace.


Yarn: Misti Alpaca Lace Weight (100% Baby Alpaca) 1 skein (437 yards) #8501 Green Meadow
Pattern: IK Fall 2006
Needles: KnitPicks Option size 4/24" circular (Love Love Love)
Size: 44" on top, 23" center down (after blocking)
Start: October 20, 2006
Finish: November 15, 2006

Yeah!! All finished!! After that little "surgery", it was smooth sailing till the end. Here are the photos of my very first lace project. This is the first time I use the wire to block lace too, very easy to use. I like it especially for the pointy parts, they turned out very pointy, eh?! The finished size on the pattern is 49" at the top, I pulled mine very very hard, I can only get to 44" (I was afraid I will break the whole shawl). I still haven't decide whether I'm going to keep it or give it as a X'mas present, well, I've got till 12/24 to decide.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/18/06, 11:42 PM, Blogger Celia said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! I would keep it, too beautiful to give away. But you are planning to make 2nd, 3rd, and ... many more Swallowtail Shawls, right?! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home