Purple Knit

I love purple, anything with purple... 最近迷上編織瘋狂的織,織,織... 阿亮說過,"凡走過必留下痕跡",別忘了在我的comments box留下您的痕跡喔!

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

December 13, 2006

Calorimetry


Cast on: 12/13/06 1:56AM
Cast off: 12/13/06 4:00AM
Yarn: Patons SWS Natural Geranium 1.2 oz. (1/2 ball)
Needle: KP #8 24" circular
Finished Measurements: fits my head just fine :-)

The new Knitty winter 06 issue was up few days ago, I already found my favorite the Eiffel, since I still have a whole list of knitting projects to go through, I'm in no hurry to knit that one. Last night, I saw there was a Calorimetry KAL, it looks pretty interesting and "fast", maybe a perfect X'mas gifts for my 3-year-old's "teachers" (3 for his totschool and 1 for his Chinese school). So I took out 1 skein of SWS and KP #8 and off I went...couple hours later, the "Calorimetry" was born. Since there were only 9 pages of posts (as of last night), I read through it fairly quickly and followed some of the modifications those "super fast knitters" suggested. I casted on only 80 stitches (not 120 as pattern stated, some said it came out "huge"), it's knitted in rib sts, I figured should be able to stretch it to fit me or I'll just give it to friend's daughter if it doesn't. I didn't even do swatch, the idea of being able to finish it within couple hours (I also wanted to find out how SWS is), I just started to knit.
The pattern is easy, I followed row 1~5 and did the repeat row 5 for 11 times more (actually, I lost count...it's was weally weally late ~yawning), did row 7 for 13 times more, then finished it as the pattern says. It looks like I still have about 1/2 ball of SWS left, I wanted to know if I can make another one out of it so I weighed it using a post office meter (in my office), and it weigh 1.6 oz, hey, for $5 a ball and I get 2 Calorimetries, great deal! Now I just need to buy a button and I can say it's officially finished!! You like it?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12/14/06, 1:39 AM, Blogger Lara said...

That hat is gorgeous! I think I need one....in the same color!

 
At 12/14/06, 1:40 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Geez, hat is not the right word! But you get my point.

 
At 12/14/06, 5:14 AM, Blogger Celia said...

That's a great idea for "last-minute" gifts! Looks pretty cool. Love the color!! Now I wanna go out and get me some SWS in that color!

 
At 12/14/06, 8:56 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

I like the yarn you chose for your headband(?). It's very cute!
Clapotis looks lovely as well. I have yet to knit a stole for myself. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home